|Post Title:||Finance Officer|
|Reports to:||Paul Murphy (Director)|
|Responsible for:||General Business Administration, Accounts Data Entry, Payroll and Filing|
|Hours of Work:||37.5 hours per week. Monday – Friday|
The postholder will support the effective delivery of the company financial operations and be responsible for the accurate and timely entry of financial transactions including payroll and filing. Based at the company head office, Wigan premises, duties include general business administration, use of sage accounting software, budget monitoring, credit control, reporting, office management, purchasing, Input data into online management system, time sheet data entry and use of vehicle tracking software for workload planning.
- Making and receiving telephone calls
- Accounts Data Entry and Filing
- Updating reports
- General office duties
- Credit Control
- Use of excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Input data into online management system
- Use of vehicle tracker software
- Prioritise Workload
- Communication with clients/suppliers in a professional manner as required by the company.
- Maintain a good company image at all times.
- Comply fully with the company policy and procedures.
- Commitment to further training and development courses.
- GCSE Maths – Grade C or above (4 or above)
- GCSE English Language – Grade C or above (4 or above)
- Suitable Finance Qualification or significant experience working in finance
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Secondary Education
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience of working in finance
- Ability to contribute to the continued development of the company
- Work as part of a team
- Energy and Commitment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage strict deadlines
- Good telephone manner
- Good IT & Analytical Skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Use of own mobile phone where necessary
- GCSE Computer Science – Grade C or above (4 or above)
- GCSE Business Studies – Grade C or above (4 or above)
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Previous use of Sage 50 Accounts and Sage 50 Payroll software
- Use Initiative
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Full UK clean driving license
Use of own transport for work purposes where necessary