|Post Title:||E&I Project Engineer|
|Reports to:||Project Manager|
|Responsible for:||Delivery of E&I projects to client specification requirements|
|Hours of Work:||37.5 hours per week. Monday – Friday|
The postholder will support the project team in the delivery of the E&I projects to client specification requirements within the onshore Oil & Gas industry. Based at the company head office, Wigan premises, duties include purchasing of materials, planning of labour resource, supervision of E&I installations, communication with clients, document control, progress reporting, design reviews and completion of handover records.
- Design review of issued for construction design documentation
- Document control and records update
- Completion of handover records
- Preparation and submission of RFIs, TQs and Design Change Notices
- Commercial Management and budget monitoring
- Use of excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Programme updates
- Attendance at progress meetings
- Assistance EHS personnel during project delivery
- Purchasing of materials
- Management of Subcontractors
- Resource planning
- Prioritise Workload
- Communication with clients/suppliers in a professional manner as required by the company.
- Maintain a good company image at all times.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of current legislation and guidelines applicable to the role
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of client standard specifications.
- Comply fully with the company policy and procedures.
- Commitment to further training and development courses.
- City & Guilds 2382 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations
- Suitable Electrical Engineering Qualification or significant experience working in E&I contracting
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 years industrial experience in Electrical & Instrumentation
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience of industrial control systems and E&I installations
- Ability to contribute to the continued development of the company
- Work as part of a team
- Energy and Commitment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage strict deadlines
- Good telephone manner
- Good IT & Analytical Skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Fault finding and ability to read and understand schematic design drawings
- Use of own transport for work purposes where necessary
- Use of own mobile phone where necessary
- City & Guilds 2391 (2394/2395) Inspection and Testing
- COMPEX Ex 01-04
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in Oil & Gas sector
- Previous Project Management experience
- Use Initiative
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Full UK clean driving license